Knitted skirts are very much in fashion and have been sported by many celebrities and stars. Knitted skirts are very trendy and investing in them is not a waste of money. They can be worn anywhere at work, going out or just chilling. Knit skirt can be worn over a sweatshirt with little accessories it can give you the look that will never go unnoticed. A knitted skirt worn at a party can make head turns. A knit skirt can give a classic or formal look, They can also be paired with jacket, sneakers or over a printed top.
To make a knitted skirt please follow the below steps:
- Measure the waist and multiply with stitch gauge. One can make adjustment with multiples as per the size.
- Measure the hip and multiply again with the stitch gauge.
- Calculate the increase by subtracting the waist measurement from hip
- Determine the length of the skirt and accordingly identify the number of rounds and increase.
- Count the rows and also keep a count on increase in the stitches.
- Increase the stitches till you get a – line shape
Knitting a skirt is not easy and requires a lot of practice. But with proper technique one can create a beautiful and wearable knitted skirt. The catch here is to give proper shape to the skirt. One should know how much stitches to increase. One can give it a try. Using the tutorials one can follow the instructions and guide regarding the pattern and create one for their own.